10.19.2011

watercolor, ink and more watercolor, and more ink

I am sitting here thinking...what words can mesh together with these watercolor sketches.

Can you find my initials? 
My first thought was " Great! we all need more vulture/angry birds on a perch shooting laser beams at nothing. As for the second page, Bob Ross told me that there are no mistakes only happy accidents so, bam."

My second thought was, I am thinking I have some fascination with trees. I guess that is because they seem pretty easy to draw.  They are always growing and changing shape dropping leaves and growing more, I dont know how many forms of trees and countless styles to drawing them.  Fascinating.  For me one little scribble turns into a few more and then you have grown your own tree. Lets call it a tall one. Instant gratification, and eco-friendly. ha.

Most of the drawing I have been doing as of lately has been even more random and scattered. I know I have made mention to this before, this is how I think, I guess. More so with watercolor finished with ink pen or highlighters. When I squeeze out some color, I like to push it around and blend it together. This is also why most of the watercolor ends up with a brown muddy situation. Joe was clearly not paying attention in color basics.  I also like to cover the whole surface with some mixture of color.  This can be a real bummer with 80lbs. sketchbook paper, which is why watercolor paper is ideal, but I have 6 more pages left and this book is full so I am trying to make the best of whats left.

I also want to mention that these two exercises were the by-product of a recent shopping trip to the the art store, in which I bought a new brush and paint.  There is also a lino print in the works so stay tuned for that.  It seems pretty interesting so far.

Seems trivial and petty to mention but I am told this is what a blog is for, I have discovered I have a thing for pens, pencils markers and brushes alike. Some people have a cup or a drawer with pencils and pens, I have five as my arsenal of drawing or writing utensils. This is true of the multiple desks or areas I work at. Some things are rarely used and others are never used, but they add to just the perfect amount of clutter to my desk.

Until we blog again...

No comments:

Post a Comment